Top 10 Vegetarian & Vegans Restaurants0
The Best Vegetarian & Vegan Fare in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO/May 25, 2017 (STLRestautant.News) – St. Louis may be known as a great barbecue city, but there’s a lot more than ribs and burnt ends on the menu. That’s good, as more and more people seek out healthier fare, more and more restaurants are answering the call. Locally sourced, non-gmo, fresh fare is the cuisine of the day, especially at St. Louis’ many vegetarian and vegan-friendly restaurants. So, we wanted to know where local diners go when they want really good vegetarian and vegan food. We checked the customer reviews and found St. Louis diners have a lot of good choices for meatless meals.
Topping the list is Bombay Food Junkies. St. Louis diners have flocked to their food truck for the authentic, all-vegan Indian street food since Sid and Krupa Panchal first rolled it out in 2013. The truck is still going strong, and is a regular at BJC around lunchtime, a Tower Grove Farmer’s Market mainstay, and a Sunday evening feature at Creve Coeur Lake Park. At their brick-and-mortar restaurant in St. Ann, they offer an all-you-can-eat dinner Friday and Saturday evenings, and midday on Sundays. Diners can sample every dish on small plates (at least 11 different ones) and then order the ones they like best. This is a great way to get to know “Thali Style” plant-based Indian cuisine.
The top 10 vegetarian and vegan restaurants in the St. Louis are offer a wide variety of choices. Diners will find everything from Bombay’s Indian cuisine, to American comfort food, Asian Fusion, decadent desserts, and raw bars. This list has a little something for everyone who wants to try the best meatless and plant based meals St. Louis restaurants have to offer. Here are the top 10 vegetarian and vegan restaurants in St. Louis:
1. Bombay Food Junkies (4.74 stars/70 reviews) St. Ann, 3578 Adie Road, Saint Louis, MO 63074, (573) 578-6583.
2. Thai House (4.71 stars/146 reviews) Metro-east, 109 South Main Street, Columbia, IL 62236, (618) 281-2777.
3. Lona’s Lil Eats (4.64 stars/406 reviews) Fox Park, 2199 California Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 899-5582.
4. Lulu’s Local Eatery (4.58 stars/265 reviews) Tower Grove South, 3201 South Grand Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 300-8215.
5. Pizzeoli – Wood Fired Neapolitan Pizza (4.57 stars/138 reviews) Soulard, 1928 South 12th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 449-1111.
6. Seedz Cafe (4.53 stars/129 reviews) Clayton, 6344 South Rosebury Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63105, (314) 725-7333.
7. PuraVegan (4.52 stars/111 reviews) DeBaliviere Place, 307 Belt Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63112, (314) 932-5144.
8. Wicked Greenz (4.48 stars/50 reviews) Clayton, 16 North Central Ave., Clayton, MO 63105, (314) 727-2772.
9. SweetArt (4.45 stars/298 reviews) Shaw, 2203 South 39th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63110, (314) 771-4278.
10. Bike Stop Cafe (4.35 stars/201 reviews) Saint Charles, 701 South Riverside Drive, Saint Charles, MO 63301, (636) 724-9900.
There are so many great vegan and vegetarian dining options in the St. Louis area, we just couldn’t limit the list to only ten places. What follows are a couple more places that deserve attention. So, Honorable Mentions to:
Tree House Vegetarian Restaurant (4.28 stars/259 reviews) Tower Grove South, 3177 South Grand Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 696-2100. A lot of restaurants offer vegan and vegetarian options, at Tree House, it’s the whole menu. Add to that a dedication to using locally sourced, organic, non-gmo ingredients whenever possible. And everything—all the seitan, vegan cheeses, pickles, sauces, dressings and desserts—are made in-house. This is comfort food that satisfies both vegans and carnivores.
Confluence Kombucha gastroLAB (4.64 stars/14 reviews) Forest Park Southeast, 4507 Manchester Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63110, (314) 833-3059. Don’t let the limited number of reviews deter you from trying this one-of-a-kind dining experience in The Grove. Confluence Kombucha offers a wonderfully cozy atmosphere to learn about and sample this fermented tea (kombucha), along with a seasonally-inspired, fresh culinary creations of Executive chef and master brewer William Thomas Pauley.
Fred and Ricky’s Plant Delicious Foods (4.71 stars/14 reviews) Creve Coeur, 11252 Olive Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63141, (314) 942-3100. This is a unique spot to grab a vegan or vegetarian meal. Fred and Ricky’s isn’t really a restaurant, although you can eat your meal there. They make plant-based, oil-free, heart healthy cuisine—soups, entrees, breakfasts, desserts, snacks, etc. Everything is fresh and pre-packaged to go. So, diners can buy a meal to heat in the onsite microwave and eat there, or grab a week’s worth of take out all in one place.