The Top 10 Donut Shops in St Louis0
Donuts or Doughnuts—These are the Best – Top 10 Donut Shops in St Louis
St. Louis, MO/May 27, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) – Whether it’s plain cake or chocolate-iced with sprinkles, a great doughnut is delicious—really, really delicious. Americans love doughnuts. We eat more than 10 billion of these irresistible, fried confections in all their myriad of styles. From crullers to creme filled, it seems there’s a doughnut flavor for every palate. They are the perfect accompaniment to coffee or milk, and a fresh mixed-dozen is a welcome sight in the office break room. Whether you spell it “doughnut” or “donut,” there’s no denying the appeal of these sweet treats.
St. Louis has lots of great places to buy doughnuts. We wanted to know where to go to get the very best doughnuts in town. So, we checked the customer reviews and found some of the highest scores we’ve seen in any top 10 list. Maybe that’s indicative of St. Louis’ love of doughnuts in general. Maybe it’s a sign that we have some of the best doughnut makers in the country right here.
That’s certainly true of St. Louis’ favorite doughnut shop. According to customer reviews, the very best doughnuts can be found at The Donut Stop in Lemay. Local doughnut fans and national food critics agree that this little shop makes some of the best doughnuts anywhere. The Donut Stop was named one of America’s Best Donut shops by Food & Wine, and their legendary Cinnamon Glob was recognized as one of the 25 best doughnuts in the U.S. by The Daily Meal. This is an old-fashioned doughnut shop at it’s best—glass cases filled with a seemingly endless variety of doughnuts, plus creme horns, fritters, and fried pies. The yumminess is overwhelming, but then they’ve been making doughnuts in this shop since 1953.
There are lots of great doughnuts and great doughnut shops on our list of St. Louis’ Top 10. So not only is there a doughnut for every appetite, it seems there’s a great place to get one in every neighborhood. Here are the top 10 doughnut shops in St. Louis:
1. The Donut Stop (4.81 stars/85 reviews) Lemay, 1101 Lemay Ferry Road, Saint Louis, MO 63125, (314) 631-3333.
2. Tony’s Donuts (4.68 stars/59 reviews) Maryland Heights, 12218 McKelvey Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043, (314) 739-1388.
3. Old Town Donut Shop (4.67 stars/218 reviews) Florissant, 510 North New Florissant Road, Florissant, MO 63031, (314) 831-0907.
4. Pharoah’s Donuts (4.66 stars/145 reviews) Downtown, 200 North 7th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63101, (314) 351-0285.
5. Donut Drive-In (4.54 stars/224 reviews) Lindenwood Park, 6525 Chippewa Street, Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 645-7714.
6. Sweet Spot Cafe (4.53 stars/64 reviews) St. Ann, 3586 Adie Road, Saint Ann, MO 63074, (314) 770-9977.
7. John’s Donut (4.50 stars/109 reviews) Kosciusko, 1618 South Broadway, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 241-3360.
8. Mario’s Donuts & Cafe (4.40 stars/129 reviews) St. Charles, 2786 Muegge Road, Saint Charles, MO 63303, (636) 447-4515.
9. World’s Fair Donuts (4.34 stars/245 reviews) Southwest Garden District, 1904 South Vandeventer Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63110, (314) 776-9975.
10. Vincent Van Doughnut (4.20 stars/132 reviews) Clayton, 40 North Central Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63105, (314) 899-9500.
The following doughnut shops had terrific scores, but not quite enough reviews (minimum 50) to make the top 10. Still, they are worth your attention when you want a great doughnut. Honorable Mentions go to:
St. Louis Hills Donut Shop (4.73 stars/48 reviews) Saint Louis Hills, 6917 Hampton Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 481-6050.
Drew’s Donut Stop (4.72 stars/29 reviews) Arnold, 1600 Jeffco Blvd., Arnold, MO 63010, (636) 548-8607.
Donuts and More (4.67 stars/27 reviews) St. Charles County, 810 O’Fallon Road, Weldon Spring, MO 63304, (636) 329-9535.